Grading Assingment - Blank PDF Generated

Grading Assingment - Blank PDF Generated

by David Maldonado -
Number of replies: 2

Good Afternoon Dear Moodlers,

I was asked by faculty if I could enable Moodle's ability to allow them to grade assignments and allow annotations in the file that students submit in the browser.

I followed the instructions on installing unoconv per this link https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Installing_unoconv#Ubuntu_16.04_LTS and overcame the issue of "The version of unoconv you have installed is not supported." using the suggestions in this other link https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=337043.  However, when I click on "Grade" assignment I get a "Generating PDF" then a blank page comes up.  And it worked fine in my DEV environment that is a mirror of my production.

1. When I go to Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Assignment > Feedback plugins > Annotate PDF >  and test the path to unoconv I get a message stating "The unoconv path appears to be properly configured.". If I click on "Download the converted pdf test file." it downloads without a problem.

2. When I click on "Test Ghostscript Path" I get a happy face saying "Ghostscritp is working as expected"

What could be the problem? Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

I'm on Moodle 3.1.2 in a Ubuntu Linux 12.04 box.

Thank you!
DM

Attachment image1.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Maldonado

Re: Grading Assingment - Blank PDF Generated

by Guillermo Muñoz Arzate -

Hi David, did you solve your problem? The same thing is happening to me, but only with files whose extensions are .py (Python programs). If my students paste the content of their program in a .docx file, then I can see it and make any type of annotation and later it creates a .pdf with all those annotations. My system has Moodle 3.1.3 and CentOS 7

Best Regards

Attachment anotacione.jpg
In reply to Guillermo Muñoz Arzate

Re: Grading Assingment - Blank PDF Generated

by Yedidia Klein -
Picture of Plugin developers
make sure you use latest libreoffice (at least 5.2) the packages that comes w/ centos7 are 5.0

good luck...

--Yedidia