Suspension of a group of users enrolled in a course

Suspension of a group of users enrolled in a course

by Mario Gharib -
Number of replies: 2

To whom it may concerns,

My name is Mario Gharib and I am the admin of our LMS Moodle platform (version 3.1.) using PostgreSQL as a database on RHEL Server release 5.3,

I would like to raise the following request: "How to suspend of a group of users"

I already know that it is possible to suspend users, but manually and one by one,

I would like to know if there is a way to suspend a group of users enrolled in a course in one single step through Moodle, specially if the number of users is a very large number,

In case this feature is not available on Moodle 3.1. kindly share with me the script that will allow me to suspend a list of users enrolled in a course

Your quick assistance would be very appreciated, 

Many Thanks,

Mario Gharib.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mario Gharib

Re: Suspension of a group of users enrolled in a course

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't think there's any way to do this. 

In reply to Mario Gharib

Re: Suspension of a group of users enrolled in a course

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

This possible, just not intuitive -- check the Unelrollment Docs here and you'll find that information under the "note":

Note: A single user may be suspended by an admin user or manager by editing the user's profile and selecting "Suspended account". Groups of users may be suspended from "Users > Enrolled users". With the manual enrolments selected in the Enrolments Methods dropdown, select Filter. You'll notice checkboxes appear next to each users name. Select as many students as needed and scroll to the bottom of the page and choose "Edit selected user enrolments" from the With Selected Users dropdown, and choose Go. Then, change "Alter status > Suspended".

It is also possible to suspend users from courses via csv/text file from Site administration > Users > Accounts > Upload users using the enrolstatus field, where 1 against a user means they are suspended (and leaving blank means they are still enrolled.)