maxima error

maxima error

by David Gilpin -
Number of replies: 5
Hi All,
I am trying to get stack to work.  The server is running Centos.  I have installed the maxima 8.3 rpm as well as the clisp.  I have gnuplot installed as well.  When I do a healthcheck, it asks to check the connection to the CAS. 

from the command line when I type the command 'maxima', I get this output:
/usr/lib64/maxima/5.38.1/binary-clisp/lisp.run: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Gilpin

Re: maxima error

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Trying to get Maxima working from the command line first is definitely the right way to go.

That is more of a Maxima / Centos question than a Moodle one. I can't think of anything helpful to say. Chris may know more.

In reply to David Gilpin

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This looks to me like Maxima is not correctly installed on your server.

Centos has been discussed before: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=270956

Chris

In reply to Christopher Sangwin

by David Gilpin -

Thanks Chris,

I followed Daniels directions found in the thread you provided and I am up and running!  Are there any question banks that I can download for use in stack?  I teach high school algebra.

thanks,

David

In reply to David Gilpin

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi David,

If you look in the folder at, yourmoodle/question/type/stack/samplequestions there are a bunch of sample questions. Have you tried any of them?