Event monitoring not working

Event monitoring not working

by Samer Hameed -
Number of replies: 2

Hi every one,

I have one problem with "Event Monitoring" option, I create new event same as the tutorial in moodle video 

, and I already subscribe this event, 

but when I add new glossary though admin user or  even as student user, I am not getting any mail.

I though the email is not set up in the server, but when I test sending mail through forget my password, I got mail to reset password.

can you help me to find where is the problem or maybe I forget to do some extra setting ?

Note: I am using moodle version 3.1.2+

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samer Hameed

Re: Event monitoring not working

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

How about checking if you get a pop-up notification of the event? You'll need to enable pop-up notification as a notification method for event monitoring in User menu > Preferences > Messaging.

In reply to Helen Foster

회신: Re: Event monitoring not working

by Lee Taesang -

Hi~,

I want to use pop up notification of events. so I tried as shown in the movie and as a final step tried what you wrote above (clicked User menu > Preferences > Messaging). But unfortunately I got this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function load_data() on a non-object in /home/moodle/public_html/moodle/message/edit.php on line 165

is this the problem of only our system ? or known problem ? 

other menus at 'User menu > Preferences >' work well..