Importing quiz in batches

Importing quiz in batches

Jing Wang -
Erantzun kopurua: 3

Hi I'm new to Moodle and trying to learn teaching with it. I wonder why I did not come across with Moodle earlier.

While Moodle provides a pretty good quiz creation interface, however, many of the tasks are repetitive. For instance, "general feedback", "Number of choices" (for a choice question). I then googled around and found a "Quiz authoring template". Unfortunately MS Word is no longer supporting the custom xml code.

My question is, is there any plug-ins or ways of preparing and importing quiz in batch?

Puntuazioen batez bestekoa: -
Jing Wang(e)ri erantzunda

Re: Importing quiz in batches

AL Rachels -
Core developers-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia

About the easiest way I've found over the years to lessen repetitive tasks during question creation is:

• Use the Duplicate capability for starting new questions, that way, most of those repetitive things are already filled in.
  • Make sure that the setting, Show question text in the question list, is enabled so I can easily pick which question to duplicate for my next new question.
  • I can't always remember what each question icon represents, so I include 2 letters as the question type as part of the Question name, even though a mouse hover shows the type. I use MC, TF, SA, etc.
  • I have recently developed multiple Generico filters, that randomly pick feedback from a list of 10 possibilities. Each filter has feedback phrase appropriate for the score band. In other words, I have one for perfect scores, one for a high score range, moderate range, and encouragement to do better next time. Adding feedback is now just a matter of a couple of clicks, instead of typing a sentence for each score range I set up. If I have this already set in a question I duplicate, then I don't have to do anything for feedback in the new question.

If you like to make CLOZE type questions, there is a CLOZE Editor plugin available for both Atto and TinyMCE editors.

There is also a plugin for Microsoft Word Table format. Moodle2Word also supports importing questions from structured tables in Word directly into the Moodle question bank.

Jing Wang(e)ri erantzunda

Re: Importing quiz in batches

Guido Hornig -
Plugin developers-ren irudia

Hi Jing

have you looked at the Aiken-Import Format...?

It is a easy way to create simple Multiple choice questions in Text Format.

Here is an example of the format:

What is the correct answer to this question?
A. Is it this one?
B. Maybe this answer?
C. Possibly this one?
D. Must be this one!
ANSWER: D

Which LMS has the most quiz import formats?
A) Moodle
B) ATutor
C) Claroline
D) Blackboard
E) WebCT
F) Ilias
ANSWER: A
Check out the details in the moodle documentation: https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Aiken_format
I also have customers with moodle-Plattforms, where I programmed individual filters to import there special question type.

I also use and recommend the iSpring QuizMaker a lot, they have also a free version...
But I do not know if the free version has the same great Excel import I can use with the full version. It generates Scorm-Modules in HTML5 with Audio, Video and works great on mobile devices..