Moodle and external Homepage

Moodle and external Homepage

by Daniel Duenner -
Number of replies: 4
Hello Everybody

I have a question about Moodle 3.1

Can I create a website and include the whole website into moodle?
Is there a way that students can change the concent of this website?
Does moodle support Javascript? I mean can I somehow include this kind of website into moodle?
Or an other website that I created locally? (I don't want to link to an external homepage but include a bunch of html files in moodle)

Thanks for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Duenner

Re: Moodle and external Homepage

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Maybe take a step back and explain what you are trying to accomplish.

On the face of it, this hints at trying to use Moodle for something it was never intended for. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Daniel Duenner -

Well I have something I would like to accomplish, but I'm quite certain that it's not possible with moodle.

I have a didactical map with text elements on it. The idea is to have the possibility to be able to click on the text elements and then pops up a textfield where I can describe this textelement. When I hover the element a short preview is shown. The idea was to use it as an collaborative Tool and that students and classes can ad descriptions for these elements on their own.  So everyone in a class has a login an can edit these entries.
I'm quite sure that that's not possible in moodle. If somebody has any idea I would be very glad. (For example to use en existing tool)

The idea was to include that tool or Homepage in moodle afterwards, if possible.
In Addition to these thoughts I was just wondering if it's possible to create an Website and to embed it into moodle.

Thanks for your hints and help.

In reply to Daniel Duenner

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can upload a website to  Moodle, link to its index.html page and have it display in Moodle if that helps. See File settings and the section on displaying a website index page.