Help needed to change the answer text size in quizzes.

Help needed to change the answer text size in quizzes.

by pete moodle -
Number of replies: 4

Hello community. I am having trouble trying to find the right element to change the sizes of dropdowns in Moodle 3.1. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

What I want to do is change the font sizes or maybe the font itself, maybe even colour. As you can see I am able to change the question sizes, but not the answers. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to pete moodle

Re: Help needed to change the answer text size in quizzes.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I ran into the same problem three years ago with a student whose vision problems were so bad he had to get within six inches of the monitor to see anything at all. I never figured out a way to dow what you're asking, but did come up with an alternative work around.

I wound up having to make sure he was always seated at one of the few 24 inch monitors in my lab, which by itself was not enough. I had to also teach him how to use the Ctrl+ (control key and plus sign) key combination to zoom in so that he could read onscreen content.

Using the control and plus key zooms in making everything larger, including the drop-downs you mention, so you don't have do anything special to your questions and answers. Ctrl- zooms out.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by pete moodle -

Hello, thanks for this, I will take some time to look the links. At a glance, optgroup looks perfect for what I need. Where is the HTML markup for global change can I ask?

In reply to AL Rachels

by pete moodle -

I could manage this idea if there was only one student but I have a lot more than one, but you are correct, it is difficult to see visually and I am surprise there isn't an option to change this easily in Moodle. Thanks!