Moodle 3.1 - No submission required by students, but still get blank submission when grading

Moodle 3.1 - No submission required by students, but still get blank submission when grading

by Ryan B -
Number of replies: 1

I have an assignment set up for students to do an in-class activity. They are not required to submit anything to Moodle for this assignment.

When I go to the assignment, there is still a "view submission" button - why? No submission is required.

When I go to grade, I get one student at a time at the top, a large area with a blank submission on the left, and a small area for grading on the right. How can I get back to the old way of grading with the students in rows so I can go down through the list entering the grades?

Sorry, just upgraded to 3.1 and still getting the hang of it.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan B

Re: Moodle 3.1 - No submission required by students, but still get blank submission when grading

by Ryan B -

Alright, so I see I can get to the "old style" page by clicking on "View all submissions" but it still seems odd to me that clicking on "Grade" would lead me to a page with one student, a blank submission (when no submission was required), and a small grading area. I guess this will work for my purposes, but it seems odd that Moodle made this change effective for every assignment.