How to create quiz without course?

How to create quiz without course?

by Rahmat P. -
Number of replies: 3

I'm new at moodle. I want to create a set of quiz without creating course first. How can I do that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rahmat P.

Re: How to create quiz without course?

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You don't.  A quiz requires a course.  That said, the site home page (Front page), is technically a course.  You can turn editing on for the front page and add a quiz. 

But I think what you're asking is how to build questions?  That's step one for a quiz--you have to have questions to add to a quiz, otherwise, your quiz is there but there's nothing in it.

Again, that's more of a front page (or course thing).  If you go to Front Page and click the Question bank link, you can start creating questions.

In reply to Rahmat P.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

While the front page is an option for building quizzes, students have to be enrolled in a course to take a quiz so that might just defeat the object.  Can I ask why you don't want to create a course (which is really just a bucket to put activities in and allow people to enroll)?

In reply to Rahmat P.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Create a course called "My Quizzes." Put all of your quizzes into it.  Then use this course to import from when any specific quiz is needed.

I wouldn't really do it this way, however.  I would have a course created for the course itself and then start building content into it.