Seperation of Teacher with Students

Seperation of Teacher with Students

by FUBAR nl -
Number of replies: 3

Hello people,

I started working with Moodle(3.1.2 Build: 20160912) 2 weeks ago and I'm starting to the hang of the system, but it seems I've hit a wall.

The structure i want to create within Moodle will have to consist out of 1 admin that will create teachers and those teachers will create students and enroll those students. Each teacher and students must be separated from other teachers and students. This would result in to this structure:

Moodle Structure

The point of this structure is to separate the teachers and students form different "groups". This would deny TeacherA to enroll StudentB in a course. TeacherA would only be capable of creating more A students and enroll them.I tried to do this with Cohorts and Groups functionality, Cohorts don't seem to have separating functionality and Groups can only be assigned after a Student has been created and the Teacher does not have this permission.

I hope this is possible within the system and I hope somebody knows how this would be possible to setup.

Kind reagards and thanks in advance for your time and help,

FUBARnl

Average of ratings: -
In reply to FUBAR nl

Re: Seperation of Teacher with Students

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Are these "groups" actually different organisations of some sort? 

If so, this is usually called "multi tenancy". Core Moodle doesn't do that, but this (Moodle fork) does www.iomad.org

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Seperation of Teacher with Students

by FUBAR nl -

Hi,

Yes, this is what i was trying to setup. A shame that this is not possible with Moodle.
But i will look into Iomad, thanks for the help.

Kind regeards