SCORM auto-continue, next SCO selection criteria?

SCORM auto-continue, next SCO selection criteria?

by Rick Per -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm running a SCORM1.2 package with multiple SCOs in it.

auto-continue is active (true)

The Problem is:

When I exit a SCO and auto-continue triggers, it skips all the SCOs next in line that have been visited previously and it selects the first unvisited SCO instead.

I want auto-continue to select the next SCO in line regardless of it being visited before or not.

Also if I select a SCO in the list view, then I want to visit that particular SCO. I do not want auto-continue to send me flying to an unvisited SCO.

So what I'm wondering is;

Exactly what criteria is auto-continue using when selecting the next SCO?

Can I accomplish what I want by some moodle setting ?

By using some SCORM settings on my visited SCOs so they dont get skipped?

// Rick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rick Per

Re: SCORM auto-continue, next SCO selection criteria?

by Richard Trout -

I was about to post my own problem, then saw your post.

I seem to be in the opposite situation. I have multiple SCO's in my SCORM activity, but when the SCORM activity launches in the Moodle player, it always starts in the first SCO. Only by clicking on one of the SCO's in the 'Course structure on entry page' can I get to a different SCO.

Some other notes about my implementation:

* was previously working in Moodle 1.9, not working in Moodle 3.1

* SCORM 1.2 authored in Udutu, HTML5, with setting 'Make all groups on the first level of this course into separate SCO's.

* Moodle activity Appearance settings: New window; Always skip content structure page; Yes Disable Preview; Yes Display course structure on entry page (if off, I can only navigate to the first SCO); Disabled Display course structure in player (the player's structure is not of acceptable quality for our clients, we use the navigation built into the Udutu SCORM package, but when in this mode it only allows navigation with the SCO). Grade / Grading method: Learning objects

In reply to Richard Trout

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Richard - your issue is probably MDL-46782 - many SCORM authoring tools manage this behaviour themselves from within the SCORM package - 1.9 used to return you to the last uncompleted sco but it doesn't do that anymore - there's probably a good use-case for us to add a new setting that will allow the user to be returned to the last uncompleted sco but as many scorm authoring tools provide built-in functionality to do this it hasn't been a priority for anyone to fund the effort required or to supply a patch for review.

In reply to Rick Per

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Rick - you'll probably need to modify code to change how auto-continue works. It's not very widely used as most SCORM packages implement their own navigation controls.