Scorm content won´t load

Scorm content won´t load

by Henric Lindborg -
Number of replies: 13

I am new to Moodle and made an installation a couple of weeks ago running version 3.0. I installed it on a shared web server. Everything went on just fine and i uploaded some scorm packages that worked without any problems.

Then came a message to upgrade Moodle to version 3.0.3. I followed the instructions but something went wrong so I had to make a fresh installation. So far so good.

Now when i upload i scorm package it is not loading correctly, instead the player shows my Moodle-site in a small window. (See attached screenshot).

I have tested different scorm packages and uploaded both through ftp and built in uploading function but no success...

Could anyone please help me?

Attachment Screenshot scorm.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Henric Lindborg

Re: Scorm content won´t load

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

try changing the Appearance options of your SCORM package - turn editing on, press the edit activity link for your SCORM package - try getting this package to open in a new window.

In reply to Dan Marsden

Svar: Re: Scorm content won´t load

by Henric Lindborg -

Hi Dan!

Thank´s for your reply. Unfortunately the problem is the same when opening in a new window. As I said before I´ve tried different Scorm packages. I use zip-files generated by Articulate Storyline or Articulate Presenter. They all work without problem in other LMS environments. I have also tried uploading the Scorm through built in uploading functions as well as FTP.

Re: Svar: Re: Scorm content won´t load

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

are you using an up-to-date version of Storyline or presenter? - older versions of Articulate products have issues displaying content within LMS products that embed the SCORM package in a frame like Moodle - newer versions of Articulate have fixes that allow the exported packages to work correctly.

In reply to Dan Marsden

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Scorm content won´t load

by Henric Lindborg -

I am using updated version of Articulate Storyline 2. When I made my first installation of Moodle a couple of weeks ago everything went fine and I could view old SCORM packages created a couple of years ago.

Maybe I should try a clean installation of Moodle 2.9.5 and see if it has any effect. I am truly greatful for your help.

Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Scorm content won´t load

by Dan Marsden -

by "updated" do you mean you are using the latest update for storyline 2 (update 7 - Build 1509.1408) - you could also try using your SCORM package on a MoodleCloud.com site.

In reply to Dan Marsden

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Scorm content won´t load

by Henric Lindborg -

yes i am using update 7. I will try a demo Scorm package as ju suggested and get back with the result!

In reply to Dan Marsden

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Scorm content won´t load

by Henric Lindborg -

Hi again!

I´ve now tested my scorm packages at moodlecloud.com site and they work flawlessly. So i guess I´m stuck...

Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Scorm content won´t load

by Janice Johnson -

Henric - I'm stuck with you, because I have the exact same issue.  I had to upgrade servers, and now moodle can's link to my scorms....  I have moodle 3.02.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=331593#p1335058

Thanks,

Janice

In reply to Janice Johnson

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Scorm content won´t load

by Henric Lindborg -

Hi!

Have you been able to solve your issue yet?

In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: SCORM content won´t load

by Travis Mitchell -

I am brand new to Moodle and have only a passing knowledge of Storyline. I have been tasked with bringing our LMS in-house from using Articulate-Online.com and am having some trouble getting up to speed. 

I have Moodle v3.0.3 and am trying to upload the zip file that SL2 (Update 9: 1605.1919) created when I Published the module. In my instance of Moodle it just hangs uploading the file (after more than 30 minutes it continued to just sit with the spinning circle. After finding this forum post, I created a new moodlecloud instance and tried to upload the same zip file there and got an error: "Archive (ZIP) filetype cannot be accepted."

Now what?

In reply to Travis Mitchell

by Dan Marsden -

sounds like you are trying to add the SCORM package in the wrong place.

First you need to create a "course" in Moodle - then once that is complete you turn editing on within the course and add a scorm package - see:
https://docs.moodle.org/en/SCORM_settings#Adding_a_SCORM_package

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Travis Mitchell -

My apologies for my absence. I have been busy with other aspects of our training and am only now getting the opportunity to return to this. 

I believe you are correct that on the MoodleCloud instance, I was trying to upload my SL2 package in the wrong place. I have been through the article you linked and have successfully uploaded my SL2 SCORM package to my MoodleCloud instance; however, it is still hanging when I attempt to upload the same file to my own hosted version by using the File Picker. If I drag the file from my Windows File Explorer and actually drag and drop the zip file into my Moodle instance, the progress bar goes across the box and then I get a pop-up that says "Error connecting to the server."

I suspect this may be a setting that I cannot locate through the UI. I have been trying to compare every possible setting between my MoodleCoud instance and my hosted instance (our instance is hosted on amazon and is Windows not Linux), but so far, everything is matching up or our set-up exceeds that of MoodleCloud. 

What should I be looking at? What information can I provide that will help you help me? 

In reply to Travis Mitchell

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Travis, that sounds to me like there may be file size limits in your hosted version that are set differently than in the MoodleCloud version. On your hosted instance, what do you see under Maximum uploaded file size option in /admin/settings.php?section=sitepolicies ?

What size is the package you are trying to upload? Is it possible the server doesn't have enough space?