Enrolling teachers on courses

Enrolling teachers on courses

by Pat Obrien -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle release: 3.1.2 (Build: 20160912)
Moodle version: 2016052302

Enrollment method: Using CSV file to enroll both students and staff into their relevant courses.

Using this method to enroll students as type1: 1(student), it completes as desired.
Using this method to enroll teachers as type1: 2(editing teacher) I get the member of staff enrolled on the first course in the csv file as a teacher and all other included courses as students. This is a separate csv file to the one used for the students.

To upload the CSV file, I log in as administrator. Then under site administration I select users - accounts - upload users.

What am I missing?
I have attached the tutor csv file showing the actual columns I am using and an example of the data used.

I have for years been using Moodle simply as a teacher, in my new post I find myself thrown into the deep-end with the administration side of things. I have carried out searches on this but been unsuccessful finding answers. My apologies if I am asking something which has been asked before.

Many thanks for any advice given

Pat

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pat Obrien

Re: Enrolling teachers on courses

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You have to add the columns type2, type3, type4 - you are not designating the enrolment type for each course, only for course1 with column type1.  You have to have a matching type column for each course column.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Enrolling teachers on courses

by Pat Obrien -

Emma

Perfect, it worked first time.
I've realised now that my student list only worked because they are entered as students by defaults.

Thank you