Curriculum Setup in Moodle

Curriculum Setup in Moodle

by Po CHUNG -
Number of replies: 4

Is Moodle able to set up a curriculum for students? I would like to set up a curriculum framework including the core modules and elective modules. (For example, students shall complete 3 core modules and 2 elective modules in curriculum of year 1 students) Is it possible? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Po CHUNG

Re: Curriculum Setup in Moodle

by Just H -

As Howard mentioned, competencies and learning plans look like they can do what you are looking for (introduced in 3.1 so can't say I've looked into them yet so not sure about electives). If not, the ELIS set of plugins can but a bit of a steep learning curve; see here.

In reply to Just H

by Po CHUNG -

Dear Just,

Thanks for your information. Actually, the ELIS is what i want. However, i learnt that the plugin wasn't on plugin list in moodle.org. i try to download and install this plugin but fail. I have studied a lot of document during this period yet still don't know how to install. Do you have any information/guideline and source for this plugin? Many thanks for your help.

In reply to Po CHUNG

by Just H -

OK, as I mentioned, ELIS looks to have a bit of a steep learning curve but does add a lot of business functionality missing from core Moodle. The following details are from the ELIS readme file (the plugins for versions of Moodle from 2.7+ to 3.1+ where released on Tuesday and can all be downloaded from Remote Learners github).

Have fun big grin

-----------------------------

ELIS 3.0 System Requirements

The requirements for ELIS are the same as Moodle -- Moodle 3.0 System requirements

• NOTE: ELIS is currently not fully compatible with PostgreSQL.

ELIS Documentation

How to get the code

The code is currently available in Remote-Learner's Github repositories. You can browse the code via our Github account here -- https://github.com/remotelearner

Direct access to each of the Remote-Learner ELIS Community repositories is available at the following URLs:

Optional: