Moodle stats page

Moodle stats page

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 21
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
A new page has been launched showing up-to-date statistics for Moodle.    It's even designed to print nicely (useful for managers who might want to bring a printout to meetings)  wink

The idea is to provide a one-stop shop for all such information.   We have many, many more numbers available so this page will be developing over time with more information.

Further ideas/brainstorming about the page are always welcome!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle stats page

by Scott Elliott -
Excellent resource!  It's hard to argue with data.  Of course that's coming from a math teacher smile 

The total number of registered users of Moodle.org was quite a bit more than I expected.  It made me think.  With all the users out there, it would be nice to know who's been around the longest.  A kind of "Member since ..." that shows up in a user's profile.  I don't guess we have a way of knowing that.

In reply to Scott Elliott

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Look at the user id in the URLsmile

by Scott Elliott -
I see, so I've been a member since 1956. wink  Wowww!  Just kidding, I see your point.  Thanks again for a great product!  This stats page is just another great tool to help others see how much Moodle is being used.

by Matthew Whelpton -
Cool page! And great timing for us! wink  Thanks, Martin.  P.S.  If there are any stats on the kind of institution (i.e. school, institution, private company, etc) that would be very interesting too...

by Timothy Takemoto -
I was surprised to find the number of activities, resources and quiz questions in there. When we say 'yes' to the 'register your site' and click, it seems to have access to our moodle database. I am entirely happy with that.

I wonder if you have access to the domain set in the main config.php file. If so then the number of .edu, ac.uk, ac.jp and other educational domains might be of interest too.
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Very pretty Martin! And quite impressive too. I'm so happy to have been a part of this venture (adventure?). Congratulations on your success.

Matthew, you can see the results of the poll on the type of institution here.

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Martin Dougiamas -
> When we say 'yes' to the 'register your site' and click, it seems to have access to our moodle database.

The summary data is sent at that time of registration only (not automatically).  All the sent data is shown to you on the registration page so you know what's being sent.

Which reminds me - register often to help keep those numbers more up to date!

Separate figures for educational domains is a good idea, thanks.

by Timothy Takemoto -

I registered again and like Helen, enjoyed watching the figures change.

1.6% of Moodle questions are on my site smile

(most of them repeats, hence the request for a quote today).

by Anil Sharma -

Hye that's a great page ! It'll be good to show this to white haired administrators who're blinded by WebCT's cool graphics and expensive coloured brochures !

I hope this page keeps updating every month ! And if we could get country specific installations....

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Martin,
excellent.

Did you use a GPL package to create the graphs?

The only small "problem" is that the team photograph taken by Bill at Moodlemoot Byfield 05 was not usewink

Have a nice day,

Bernard

Fantastico Counts

by Claude Whitmyer -
Do the installations of Moodle through the Fantastico engine get included here or only if the installer registers?
In reply to Claude Whitmyer

Re: Fantastico Counts

by Martin Dougiamas -
Only registered sites are shown.  There are many many more out there, I know.  Perhaps I need to make the registration button a little more annoying.  big grin

by Tim Allen -
It's fantastic as others have said. smile Just a bit of feedback though, I only get the first graph.  The bottom two seem to always say "timed out".  sad

Tim.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the Moodle stats page - very cool! approve I re-registered our Moodle site, then refreshed the stats page and watched the figures increase! wide eyes

A small suggestion would be for you to provide an accessible alternative to the Flash content on the stats page.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Jussi Hannunen -
A small suggestion would be for you to provide an accessible alternative to the Flash content on the stats page.

I would second that request. My newly Adblock-extented Firefox1.5rc1 didn't want to show them at all.

by Samuli Karevaara -
Didn't file a bug yet, but I believe it might be a bug that the register.php code counts some deleted items, at least the users, too.

by Inderjit Singh Gabrie -

Hi there

Yes like the stats webpage output, say if i want to implement this on my webpage how do i go about doing theis.....thanks in advance.....indy