Can not find data record in database table external_functions when logging in

Can not find data record in database table external_functions when logging in

by Joshua Wilcox -
Number of replies: 17

When any user tries to log into our Moodle site using the Moodle Mobile app, they get a message that says "Can not find data record in database table external_functions." This happens for both Manual Accounts and LDAP authenticated users.

I have tried many of the other suggestions on this forum including making sure web services is enabled, installing the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin, making sure User Quota is formatted correctly, and allowing moodle/webservice:createtoken and moodle/webservice:createmobiletoken for Authenticated Users. I am not sure what I need to try next.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua Wilcox

Re: Can not find data record in database table external_functions when logging in

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Joshua,

are you able to use the app after seeing the error?

Can you please send us a test account with this problem so we can check where is it failing exactly? Please send the Moodle URL, username and password to mobile@moodle.com.

Thank you,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

Re: Can not find data record in database table external_functions when logging in

by Joshua Wilcox -

Hi Dani,

I have sent the test account information to mobile@moodle.com.

I am not able to use the app after I get this error. I press OK and it just goes back to the login screen.

Thank you,

Joshua

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

For the record, the problem was that users were configured to use language en_us, but that package wasn't installed in Moodle. Installing the language pack fixed it.

In reply to Dani Palou

by Jona Turner -

Hi Daniel, I have the exact same issue as above, however I've tried installing the US language pack and am still receiving the same issue...

Attachment IMG_1608.PNG
In reply to Jona Turner

by Jona Turner -

Just been looking in this forum but their 'upload_max_filesize' resolution won't help as ours is set well below at 500M:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=335793

In reply to Jona Turner

by Dani Palou -

Hi Jona,

can you send us a test account to mobile@moodle.com? Please send us the Moodle URL, username and password.

Thank you,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Dani Palou -

The problema was in userquota, the field was empty and it requires a number.

In reply to Dani Palou

by Glenn Pillsbury -

Same problem here. Most of our users login using LDAP (we have a few manual accounts for testing only).  I have checked the following:

• en_us language is installed (has been since we stood up the server)
  • userquota is not empty (we set it a bit larger than the default)
  • The "mobile configuration check" page shows everything is at "Yes"
  • The login fails regardless of what we choose in the "Type of login" setting in Plugins > Local plugins > Moodle Mobile additional features

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Glenn

In reply to Glenn Pillsbury

by Dani Palou -

Hi Glenn,

this can also be caused if usermaxuploadfilesize or userquota is too big for your site. If your site is 32 bits, the max value 2147483647 (almost 2GB). Can you check if this can be the problem?

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Glenn Pillsbury -

Thanks for the reply, Dani.  Our user quota is only a modest 209715200 (200 MB).  The server is Windows 2012 64-bit.

Not sure what else to check..

Thanks again!

In reply to Glenn Pillsbury

by Dani Palou -

Hi Glenn,

can you send us your Moodle URL and a test account to mobile@moodle.com?

Once we get it we'll ask you to enable Developer mode in your site so we can check the exact error message.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Dani Palou -

For the record, the problem was in usermaxuploadfilesize. In 32-bit systems (or in 64-bit systems with 32-bit PHP binary) the value should be 2147483647 or less.

In reply to Dani Palou

by Cristina Ghencea -

Hello

I am a beginner, and I've the same problem above (Missing entries in external_functions table )

I apologize but where checked usermaxuploadfilesize

In reply to Cristina Ghencea

by Dani Palou -

Hello Cristina,

it can be configured in Site Administration > Security > Site Policies > Maximum uploaded file size. The default value (Site upload limit) depends on the PHP configuration, if you want to change that limit you will have to change the value of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size in your php.ini file.

I hope it helps!

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Cristina Ghencea -

thank you very much , 8000 M and the settings I changed to 2000 and disappeared legal aid by mistake

In reply to Dani Palou

by ling yang -

Hi, I have  the same problem,

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

please, check the FAQ (especially the problem with the user quota)

Juan