Error when downloading table data as Microsoft Excel

Error when downloading table data as Microsoft Excel

by Luís Rocha Graça -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there,

I'm experiencing errors in my gradebook when I try to download the tabel in .xlsx format it gives me an error like the one bellow:

It says it's not possbilble to access this site. It may be temporararly unavailable or permanently moved for a new address.

Can you please help me?

Many thanks.

Luís

Attachment 2016-08-23 18_07_08-ead.institutocriap.com.png
In reply to Luís Rocha Graça

Re: Error when downloading table data as Microsoft Excel

by Mark Whitington -

Did you try downloading as 'Text"?

This usually generates a CSV file that Excel will display ... you can then "save as" another file type if needed.

Cheers

Mark

by Sarah Whealen -

Hi Luis:

We recently updated to Moodle 3.1 and are getting a similar error message when trying to download the Full Quiz Statistics report to an Excel .xlsx

Were you able to resolve this issue and successfully download an .xlsx file?

Many thanks,

Sarah Whealen

by Dom Royko -
Picture of Plugin developers

We are seeing this error too.  I've created tracker ticket https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-60845

Two possible workarounds that worked for me:

1. If you turn on debugging, you can download the file.  There will be an error message at the bottom, but it seems that all the data is there.  The downside of this approach is that you need to enable debugging, which is a site-wide setting only available to administrators, and you wouldn't want this turned on in a production system.

2. In Firefox, from the page with the "File not found" error, you can right click and "View Page Source", which should show the file contents.  Then right click again and "Save Page As...", and rename the file with the appropriate extension.  The downside of this is that it doesn't work on all browsers (Chromium doesn't work; have not tried others).

Hope that helps,

Dom.