Deleting manual course backups created by other users.

Deleting manual course backups created by other users.

by Tim Gildersleeve -
Number of replies: 0

Hello all

We give our tutors permissions to create their own backups - and suggest to some of the more adventurous tutors to do so before trying something too complex.

However, in many cases tutors leave old backups laying around, just looking in the database with select sum(filesize) from `mdl_files` where (`filearea` like "backup" and `filename` like "%.mbz%"); reveals nearly 26GB of mbz files.

I would like to be able to remove these files (after warning tutors to download them if they want to keep them) but the problem is that when I go to the restore option in the relevant course I do not see the files to delete from the interface unless I log in as the user who created them.   

Some of our courses have a large number of tutors on and it simply is not practical to press "login as" for each of them in turn to locate which user created the backup.

Is there some way as admin to be able to view ALL backups whoever created them, or do I need to delete the files in the filesystem by the hash and then delete the entry in mdl_files?

Regards

Tim Gildersleeve

Average of ratings: -