Is it possible to change an enrollment from "Manual" to "External Database"?

Is it possible to change an enrollment from "Manual" to "External Database"?

by DW AK -
Number of replies: 1

Hello Moddlers!

We're running Moodle 2.8.

For the most part we only do authentication and enrollment via the External Database plugins.  However, recently, our catalog system was upgraded and the Moodle sync component was unavailable for a time.  During this down time we enrolled users in their Moodle courses manually.  Now as we begin to bring the sync system back online we have 90+ students manually enrolled in Moodle trainings.

We would like to bring these manual enrollments back to our external system. 

I have tried Logging in as admin, going to site administration > courses > manage courses and categories.  Then clicking on the course, then Enrolled Users.  Then clicking the Edit (gear) icon next to the enrollment record.  But this does not allow me to change the enrollment method.

Is there a way to change a user's enrollment from "Manually enrolled" to "External database" ?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to DW AK

Re: Is it possible to change an enrollment from "Manual" to "External Database"?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you'll need to unenrol and re-enrol them unfortunately.