Completion Tracking not Updating

Completion Tracking not Updating

by Jay Tree -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I hope this is the right place for this query...

I've searched through several posts on similar issues and not found a solution. 

I am trying to get completion tracking to work and have the following issues:

1. Despite changing the activities which are tracked, this is not reflected on the completion report page - am I to assume that this will not update after the course has started?
    So as this is a test course, what if set start to a future date? - would that reset this table to reflect my rearranging of activities?
  2. Setting the custom certificate (plugin) 'activity' to mark as complete upon viewing did not work - it would not mark it.
  3. Similarly, mark on complete for quizzes, asking for a grade above a certain point (which I achieved) did not seem to work.
  4. The only automatic completion that did work was on a scorm file - which was set to students manually mark as complete - though it marked it automatically when I completed the scorm quiz.

All my client wants is to be able to export a CSV showing who has completed the course and who hasn't. But with these issues, I can't do that.

NB: Have run cron manually several times, and is not updating anything to do with the completion table. Don't think my Cpanel cron is working correctly - partly because...

Have checked admin > server > scheduled tasks > Calculate regular completion data  and it is only showing as having updated when I ran the manual cron jobs - which indicates cPanel cron is not set up right.

Any ideas on how to get this completion tracking table reset and working would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Jay

Attachment completion.jpg
Attachment course.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay Tree

Re: Completion Tracking not Updating

by Dave Emsley -

Apologies if this is a "grandma sucking eggs" answer but did you turn on completion tracking site wide?

Site Administration --> Advanced Features  and ensure it is checked.

Without this none of the  completion tracking works.

HTH

Cheers

Dave