Assessing average question

Assessing average question

par Drew Smith,
Nombre de réponses : 2

Hi all - 

First time Workshop user and have run into a question that I can't find any documentation for:

If there are 5 students who are scheduled to assess a peer's submission but only 4 of those students actually assess the submission, is the submitter penalized by the absence of student #5's assessment? Or are the 4 assessments averaged together instead of all 5?

I'm not sure how that works. Any light shed on the subject would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's a simple answer, but I'd rather be on the safe side of asking than assuming. 

Cheers! 

Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Drew Smith

Re: Assessing average question

par David Mudrák,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Documentation writers Avatar Moodle HQ Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Peer reviewers Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Plugins guardians Avatar Testers Avatar Translators

The final grade is aggregated from actually received assessments. Allocated reviews that are not filled should be effectively ignored. So the submission author is not penalised for something they could not control.

En réponse à Drew Smith

Re: Assessing average question

par Jutta Wagner,

Even if this does did happen, you could override moodle's automatic grading and give the appropriate points. - I know this does'nt help you in an online course with a  large number of participants incertain