Assessing average question

Assessing average question

by Drew Smith -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all - 

First time Workshop user and have run into a question that I can't find any documentation for:

If there are 5 students who are scheduled to assess a peer's submission but only 4 of those students actually assess the submission, is the submitter penalized by the absence of student #5's assessment? Or are the 4 assessments averaged together instead of all 5?

I'm not sure how that works. Any light shed on the subject would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's a simple answer, but I'd rather be on the safe side of asking than assuming. 

Cheers! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Drew Smith

Re: Assessing average question

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The final grade is aggregated from actually received assessments. Allocated reviews that are not filled should be effectively ignored. So the submission author is not penalised for something they could not control.

In reply to Drew Smith

Re: Assessing average question

by Jutta Wagner -

Even if this does did happen, you could override moodle's automatic grading and give the appropriate points. - I know this does'nt help you in an online course with a  large number of participants mixed