How to collapse TOC on Essential Theme?

How to collapse TOC on Essential Theme?

by Alex Briones -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 3.1, CentOS 6.8, PHP 5.5.35, Essential Theme 3.1.0.4 (Build: 2016061703)
Is it possible to collapse subtopics on the TOC? I am attaching a screen shot to explain.
I can see that all subtopics are expanded by default, but I see no way to collapse them to avoid the scrolling.
I want to collapse subtopics to one level.
Please let me know if this is possible.
Thank you 

cleardot.gif
Attachments area

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Briones

Re: How to collapse TOC on Essential Theme?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

"expanded by default"?  If you mean the plus icon, then that's to add another chapter (or sub-chapter).

I've never seen such functionality to collapse sub-chapters and have some sort of toggle functionality on the top level chapter.  In theory anything should be possible.  Good luck.

But... this is nothing to do with the Essential theme or themes in general but all to do with the Book module.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gareth I think this is the same TOC Block that had the Anchor problem...remember it clashed with the top navbar and need extra padding?

In reply to Alex Briones

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Like Gareth says...this is nothing to do with themes.

However, I see that you have EDITING enabled which could be forcing the TOC to expand.

Try turning Editing OFF and see what happens then?

Let me know what results you get, as it looks like there is a problem with the Book module itself, unless it is a 3rd party plug-in called the TOC Block and not the Book activity/resource as Gareth suspected, in which case that could be the problem..

Can you let us know so that one of us can move this to the correct forum?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Alex Briones -

Hi Mary,

I tried turning off the editing with same results. I will look into the Book module issue.

Thanks