Assignments change point total randomly after other settings are changed

Assignments change point total randomly after other settings are changed

by Evan Abbey -
Number of replies: 0

I have an issue that has perplexed me.  I am operating Moodle version 3.1.1+ on two different Moodle servers.  One has an issue with assignments and grading, whereas the other does not.  And, I have run them pretty much in tandem with each other.

On the affected one, when a teacher has an assignment out of 20 points and provides grades by either the new grader report

grader

or the quick grading

quick grader

it can save fine.  However, if I then go and edit the settings of the assignment (any settings at all) without touching the total number of points (which, I can't do since submissions have already been made)

change grade

it then changes the total number of points for the assignment to 100 without changing the grade that I entered.

quick grader

This isn't like this on the other server, which operates as it should.  This change became apparent only after the upgrade to 3.1.  Debugging does not display anything.  And, the issue only happens in this sequence.  If I edit settings before I enter any grades, it keeps the old total-points.  Only if I enter some grades first, then edit the settings, does the total points change.

Any ideas or insight are greatly appreciated-

Evan

Average of ratings: -