Wordpress and Moodle integration - Moodlerooms vs moodle

Wordpress and Moodle integration - Moodlerooms vs moodle

by Amit Horakeri -
Number of replies: 1

I have a scenario, wherein I want to integrate Moodlerooms and Wordpress, Basically Wordpress will be front-end site and Moodlerooms will be the platform to take the course. From Wordpress site - the user can browse through the courses, purchase them and register to the site. Till now all looks good.

The problem starts here.

Consider a scenario, where a user is logged in to the Wordpress and he has enrolled himself for about 10 courses. Now if he selects on 5th course and then clicks on take a course, So at this point the user should be logged in to Moodlerooms and then redirected to that particular 5th course.

How do I handle this situation?

• I've tried a plugin call wp2moodle. This works on my local setup, but from Moodlerooms I can't install any new plugin, I've to use only those plugins which are available in their Plugin Matrix.
  • I've also tried embedding a login form of Moodle in my Wordpress, the user is getting logged in, but the handling of redirecting him to specific course is not happening.

If it was a moodle that was hosted on my server, I would have done the necessary tweaks, but the moodlerooms guys don't give us the access to the moodle code.

I want to decide, is it better to go with Moodlerooms or should I switch to my own Moodle instance hosted on my own server. Please assist me.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amit Horakeri

Re: Wordpress and Moodle integration - Moodlerooms vs moodle

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you need to use plugins beyond those allowed by the Moodlerooms installation, then you will need to find another partner that will allow that, or find a moodle host solution (including self-hosting) that enables you to manage your own plugins as required.