force user to change a field except username and password field

force user to change a field except username and password field

by ارسطو رامش -
Number of replies: 4

i upload user via csv and fill these field ( username, passwords. firstname, lastname and email ).

i really dont want to using email based authentication. 

i won't necessarily know the:  first name , last name and email  of each user at upload time. So i was going to add a default e.g. firstname1,lastname1, firstname1@nomail.com .

i'd like that the user can change ( force users ) these fields when they first login but after that it is locked.

please somebody help me.

thanks in advance for any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ارسطو رامش

Re: force user to change a field except username and password field

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is this request different to https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=337013

Please don't start new threads for the same thing. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by ارسطو رامش -

hi;

in this request: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=337013

nobody help me!! because of my polyhedron question, so i ask briefly, no my issue is : change content of first and lastname by user as soon as first login, please somebody tell me  how to do that.i really need to solve it.

Greetings;

arsalan roumiani

In reply to ارسطو رامش

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle doesn't support that. If you *must* do it then you would need to develop something. Even then it would be tricky. It's simply a workflow that Moodle doesn't have. 

As I've said before - instead of fighting Moodle you'd be better finding a way to improve the data you are feeding into Moodle in the first place. 

Or... just encourage users to check their profile is correct. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by ارسطو رامش -

thanks miller, i think i must fined  another way. thanks for everything Yes