Couldn't listen to the quiz audio attempts

Couldn't listen to the quiz audio attempts

by Vicky Qu -
Number of replies: 7

Hi.First of all, thanks for making such wonderful plugins. 

I asked my students to do a quiz including a set of audio questions. They need to listen to the question and record their answers (poodll mp3 recording). 

However, after they have submitted their attempts, I was trying to grade their work. I could see one uploaded mp3 file under each question but none of them can be heard. 

Could you please help me with this? Or is it possible to download their audio responses?

Thanks a lot!

Attachment poodll.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vicky Qu

Re: Couldn't listen to the quiz audio attempts

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Justin is going to be our best bet to answer this, but I'm sure that whoever answers, will possibly need to know which version of Moodle and which version of the PoodLL filter is installed. Would not hurt to include the version of the PoodLL question plugin, too. I'm using the latest Moodle 3.1.1+, the just released PoodLL3 filter, and none of the options of the poodLLrecording type question, release 2.6.0(Buiild 2015121100) will let me record audio, video, or take a picture.

An audio or video question, looks like it is going to work until you hit the record button. A pop-up window shows up, but before you can click to give permission for the asset to be used, the popup disappears. If the question is set to take a picture, there is no button to take the picture or to select the camera to use, just a half hidden Save Picture button and a fully visible Finish attempt button.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ouch,  the question is broken in PoodLL3? I will look at that asap.

In reply to Vicky Qu

by Justin Hunt -

This is most likely double filtering. You have more than one filter turning the mp3 link on the page, into an audio player. They both go at the same link, and destroy everything. 

Try turning off the mp3 options in the multmedia plugins filter settings at:

site admin -> appearance -> media embedding.

Or turn of PoodLL's at:

site admin -> plugins -> filters -> PoodLL

You will probably have the same problems with videos also. 

In reply to Justin Hunt

回复: Re: Couldn't listen to the quiz audio attempts

by Vicky Qu -

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to turn the poodll filter off and I can hear the recording from one student. But I can not play the audio recording from the other students. When I click the play button on the blue bar, nothing happened.  Very strange. 

I'm using Moodle 3.1 and the poodll plugin is the old version. 

In reply to Justin Hunt

回复: Re: Couldn't listen to the quiz audio attempts

by Vicky Qu -

Hi Justin,

Now there is one student who has submitted his work but his recording has been destroyed. He was using windows 10 and chrome. 

Another student using Mac was unable to submit his work and here is his feedback:

"it uses Flash player which does not work very well on MacOS. I was able to hear questions and record some answers, but I couldn't replay my recordings with green "Play" button -- when I clicked it nothing happened. I tried to refresh the page, record again, but it didn't help."

It will be grateful if you can help us with this as we really believe that this exercise with your plugin will help to improve our students' learning. 

Many thanks!

In reply to Vicky Qu

Re: 回复: Re: Couldn't listen to the quiz audio attempts

by Justin Hunt -

Its a bit vague for me to give clear answers, sorry. 

There are multiple points at which something can go wrong between clicking "record" and then submitting and playing back. I need a few more details, and a consistent pattern that can produce the problem. I know that is hard to provide, but without that I can only guess.

In reply to Justin Hunt

回复: Re: 回复: Re: Couldn't listen to the quiz audio attempts

by Vicky Qu -

Hi Justin,

No problem. What details do you need. I will try my best to provide.

Thanks.