Hotpot Jquiz

In reply to Edward Gillian

Re: Hotpot Jquiz

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Edward,
I suspect that the JQuiz is working as intended, but not as you expect.

Are you aware that in a Hot Potatoes exercise, a student must "complete" a question before being awarded a score for that question. To "complete" a question, the student must find the correct answer. Furthermore, a student must "complete", i.e. find a correct answer for, each and every question before the exercise is considered to be complete.

If there are only two possible answers to a question, then whichever answer is chosen, the correct answer will be known and the question can be immediately scored.

If there are more than two possible answers, and the student picks an incorrect answer, then the correct answer is still not known, and the question cannot be scored. In this case, the student must keep choosing answers until either they find a correct answer, or the correct remains as the only unchosen answer.

Perhaps this behavior seems "wrong" to you? In which case, you are expecting the Hot Potatoes exercise to act like a traditional test of knowledge. This is not the intended use of Hot Potatoes exercises. You can setup a JQuiz exercise to act like this, but by default the Hot Potatoes exercises act, as they are intended to act, like learning activities for students to study independently.

regards
Gordon

P.S. Sorry if you already knew all that smile

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Edward Gillian -

Yes, I want to set up a traditional quiz as a pre-test; I have seen the example but how do you set it up in Jquiz?

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Edward Gillian -
There will be 4 choices, but only 1 correct answer!
In reply to Edward Gillian

by Edward Gillian -

Hello,
I think I understand.

I have to set the answer to Accept as Correct
and then change the percentage to 0!!!

Thanks for your help!!!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)