Micosoft Block problem

Micosoft Block problem

by Thomas College -
Number of replies: 4

We moved over to the Microsoft block a few weeks ago.  Users who did not previously connect their Moodle account with their Office 365 account do not have the option to do so in the Microsoft block.  I've attempted to both check and uncheck the 'Show Office 365 Connect link' option for the Microsoft block defaults, but this does not result in this option displaying for users. We're running Moodle 3.0.4, MS Server 2012R2, MS SQL Server 2014, PHP 5.6.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?  If anyone has any insight on how to fix it, it would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas College

Re: Micosoft Block problem

by Thomas College -

When I direct users to the following URL: https://moodle.oursite.com//local/o365/ucp.php users that have not integrated their accounts with Office 365 receive the following message: 'To connect to office 365 you will need to contact your site administrator'.  This problem seems to only affect users with a student or teacher role.  The option to Connect to Office 365 does display in the Microsoft block for users with administrative rights, and those users have the option to integrate their accounts when they browse the URL above.

by Thomas College -

The issue may be related to permissions set on the student and teacher roles.  If I browse to https://moodle.oursite.com/local/o365/ucp.php?action=connection as a student I receive the following message: 'Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (Allow OpenID Connection)'.  Unfortunately this I receive this message regardless if 'Allow OpenID Connection' permission is allowed on the student role or not.

by Thomas College -

Allowing OpenID Connection and Disconnection, OpenID Connection, and OpenID Disconnection for both the Authenticated user and Student roles fixed the issue.  The permission states that allowing could allow users to change site configuration and behavior. 

Has anyone else allowed this permission for users on their site?  Has anyone experienced any issues resulting from allowing this permission?

Thanks

by Mike Henrickson -

We've encountered this same issue. Where do we find the settings that allow open ID connection and disconnection? Thanks for your help!