How to enable Facebook login/registration

How to enable Facebook login/registration

by Dejan Mikik -
Number of replies: 8

moodle v.3.1.

Hi,

I would like to have ability for uses to login into my moodle with facebook. 

Do I have to look for plugin or this feature is already integrated in this version of moodle?

If I have to look for plugin, can you recommend most popular plugin for this.

Thanks a lot

Dejan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dejan Mikik

Re: How to enable Facebook login/registration

by Dejan Mikik -

Something like Slideshare. 

Any idea?

Thanks

Attachment slideshare.JPG
In reply to Dejan Mikik

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Unfortunately... MDL-34426

The optional plugin on which this was based does not seem to have had any effort since Moodle 2.2 so, surprisingly, it looks dead. 

In reply to Dejan Mikik

by Just H -
In reply to Just H

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yep - that's the one but last version was for Moodle 2.2. But, having said that, the Github page seems to be actively developed..

https://github.com/mouneyrac/moodle-auth_googleoauth2

...the version file indicates Moodle 2.7 or later. Probably worth a try then...

In reply to Howard Miller

by Just H -

You wouldn't be reading quickly and mistaking the plugin version with the Moodle version would you Howard big grin

Seems the github account is very active so would wager it works but can't say I've ever used it personally.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Vassilis K -

I have tried the plugin from the Moodle plugins pages but it says that doesn't support the new Facebook API. I have tried the version in github and it gives me a blank page after installation and to my whole site, nothing works. I had to delete the plugin folder manually so that I will see my site again.