Moodle 3.1 max_allowed_packet

Moodle 3.1 max_allowed_packet

by Nigel Hoath -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all.  Just upgraded to 3.1 (from 2.9) and my LTi local plugin gives me a 'Error writing to database' , dmlwriteexception. and suggested increasing max_allowed_packet.

Now I'm thinking this is a red herring but non the less.

I'm using Windows 10 and the standard all in download.  I see in /server/mysql some ini files (e.g.  my-large.ini,  my-small.ini) but for the life of me cannot find which one I'm using and if in any case changing these ini s and restarting will help.  Probably been awake to long so please forgive if this is obvious)thoughtful

Can anyone give me a pointer as to how to increase the MySQL paras in such a simple set up?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nigel Hoath

Re: Moodle 3.1 max_allowed_packet

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

File is called my.ini (I think).  The other ini files you have found are distributed with MySQL and are sample MySQL ini files for DB admins who have determined their DB is for large site or a small site - they are worth a look as eventually what you have running on localhost you might desire to run on a true server.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: Moodle 3.1 max_allowed_packet

by Nigel Hoath -

Ken many thanks.  Found it.  So I can have a play however strangely a reboot of my laptop and the issue went away.  As I'm only playing with one SCORM and 3 users I thought it odd that it could be a size issue.

To be fair the error message only suggested that the size might be the issue.

But at least I now know and soon for sure will be configuring something with a bit more grunt smile