Upgraded: 2.5->2.7->3.1

Upgraded: 2.5->2.7->3.1

by lucia liljegren -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I managed to upgrade 2.5 to 2.7, on the way to 3.1. 

During the 3.1 upgrade, I get mysterious errors when I reach "Plugins check".  Several plugins can't be "found" in the directory tree. For example, the error above says that 'qtype_match' not only fails, but is unavailable. That file is in my /questions/type/ directory.   Similar failure to find other plugins happens with other plugins.

Clicking "Upload Zip Files" just returns me to the beginning of the upgrade process.

What's the solution? (Everything is backed up so I can restore to the original I had this morning. But I'd rather get these things upgraded.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lucia liljegren

Re: Upgraded: 2.5->2.7->3.1

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

These question types are now core in 3.1. I wonder if you copied old versions over the top without realising it?

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Upgraded: 2.5->2.7->3.1

by lucia liljegren -

Hi,

Thanks! I kept fiddling, and finally did get those installed. I kept fiddling-- and I'm note entirely sure what I did. But in some cases, I did visit the download area, found current versions and put those in the directory. (I figured since I can always revert to the old, it was better to fiddle than not.)

My only problem now is the combined question doesn't work.  Part of the question entries display in the question bank, but the full questions don't.   They just display a blank when I attempt to view-- also quizzes that contain them don't display.  I'm going to be trying to figure that out.