Bulk course creation

Bulk course creation

by alison fordham -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle 3.0.3

I have always been able to bulk create courses using a csv file and specifying which course template to use.  This method would keep course settings, content and blocks.  However this method now seems to only keep the content and not replicate the blocks.  So each time I upload a csv file my courses are being created with a number of blocks that I do not want.  Am I right in thinking this can only be changed in the config.php file?  I need to be able to create different courses based on different templates within the one csv file.  It is not just the content I need to be replicated from the templates but the blocks and settings.  Can anyone advise me on this please? I have attached my csv file

Alison

Average of ratings: -
In reply to alison fordham

Re: Bulk course creation

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

On Moodle 2.6, when I used 1 file that referenced more than 1 template course, it did not work as expected for any course that referenced the second template course. 

Ex: if I had 5 lines in the excel file that were to use template course A, and 3 more lines that were to use template course B, only the first 5 lines would end up looking as expected. The additional lines created courses that did not look correct (i.e. Wrong blocks and wrong number of parts). I have not tried one big file ever since (if I was using different template courses), so not sure about this behavior on 3.0

Did the first course look correct, or both courses? Can you try 2 separate files? One for the 1st template course and one for the 2nd template course and see how that looks?