How to install moodle in a sub domain?

How to install moodle in a sub domain?

by Ver Zamora -
Number of replies: 4

How to install moodle in a sud domain? I have hostgator and would like to install moodle in a sub domain, can anyone help? Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ver Zamora

Re: How to install moodle in a sub domain?

by Bret Miller -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

As far as Moodle is concerned, a URL is a URL is a URL. It doesn't care. If you want it at the root of the subdomain, make sure the files are installed in the public html folder for that subdomain and not in a moodle folder. Other than that, it's the same as installing Moodle anywhere else.

In reply to Bret Miller

by Ver Zamora -

I can install it to my main domain www.domain.com/moodle but I can't install it to www.test.domain.com/moodle

do you have some instructions how to do it? Thanks

In reply to Ver Zamora

by Bret Miller -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't have instructions as that is host-dependent. For any host where you have subdomains allowed, each subdomain has its own public html directory. It's just a matter of putting the files in the right one. So if you can create a web page on www.test.domain.com, then you install moodle there by putting the moodle files in the same place.

In reply to Ver Zamora

by Perry Way -

You can set the URL to the Moodle application to any path you want. When you set up Moodle the first time you are asked (if I remember correctly) what URL you want to use. But you can simply set that value yourself in the configuration file (config.php) if you prefer. Regardless if you use the tools or setup of Moodle or set the value manually, this is what Moodle uses to determine if it should allow the application to run against whatever path is used to approach or run it. Look for the line of code starting with $CFG->wwwroot and put the URL you want in the double quotes and that is what Moodle will use or require.