Unfortunately, Moodle Mobile has stopped

Unfortunately, Moodle Mobile has stopped

by Nicholas Donkor -
Number of replies: 11

Hello,

The last time I built and used my moodlemobile-phonegap was last week. I just uploaded an image  and tried to build it again today, but I get this error any time I try running the app "Unfortunately, Moodle Mobile has stopped". 

I created another account on github and forked the official phonegap version again to test. But that did not also work. I was getting the same error as above. Please is there any problem. I tested it on both android 4.4.2 and 6 

Below is the github version of my moodlemobile

https://github.com/ndonkor/moodlemobile-phonegapbuild/tree/UEW_DISTANCE2

Thanks in advance

Nicholas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicholas Donkor

Re: Unfortunately, Moodle Mobile has stopped

by Nicholas Donkor -
Hello, 

Please I have even tried pulling the main moodlemobile-phonegapbuild , from https://github.com/moodlehq/moodlemobile-phonegapbuild.git to build and test with my phonegap account. But that did not work as well.

Please there is a timeline concerning this project for my university, so I would be very grateful if someone can assist by pointing out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Nicholas 

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

are you building using the android or ios branches?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Nicholas Donkor -
Hello Juan,

Please I created a branch out of the master, and that is what I am using.

Thanks,

Nicholas

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

but have you tried to do a build in your Phonegapbuild account with one of the android or ios branches in our official repository?

What I mean is that if you do a build using Phonegapbuild pointing to the official repo and the app is not working in your device, is a problem of incompatibility with your device (specific device bug), but that would be very strange.

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Nicholas Donkor -

Hello Juan,

Please I have tried with several other devices and I am still getting that error. 

Please below is a link to a copy I just built with the official android repo, I hope you can test with it.

Thanks,

Nicholas

https://build.phonegap.com/apps/2131403/download/android/?qr_key=opVm5L6VMzd2hzCVZasX

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

I just tried doing a build not using certificates and the app crashes as you said.

Doing the build with the certificates makes the app crash too.

It seems that there is a bug in Phonegap build too

I'm investigating further

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -

Maybe you can try with a previous version, in your phonegap build config.xml please replace:

<gap:plugin name="phonegap-plugin-push" source="npm" >

with

<gap:plugin name="phonegap-plugin-push" source="npm" version="1.7.0">

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Nicholas Donkor -

Ok Juan,

Please  I will work on that and revert to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Nicholas

by Nicholas Donkor -

Hello Juan,

That WORKED.....big grin

However going forward, I hope something is going to be done about the phonegap build system ASAP, so that building projects would be as smooth as it use to be, without going through any hustle and bustle.

Thanks a lot,

Nicholas

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

we use PG precisely to avoid this type of problems smile

If we all use the same system for compiling support is easier (and a fix works for everyone).

Hopefully, the PG guys will solve the issue soon.

Regards, Juan