Video display issue within the Moodle Mobile app

Video display issue within the Moodle Mobile app

by Bowen Yang -
Number of replies: 11

Hi, 

I have set up a new course in MoodleCloud. For some reasons, all my course videos are not showing up in the Moodle mobile app (see screenshot). I have checked the embedded youtube videos links and everything works normal in the web view but not inside the app. 

I am using the media bottom to embed videos and I have not changed any settings in the plugin filters. 

Has anyone had the same issue before?

Cheers,

Bowen

Attachment IMG_0011.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bowen Yang

Re: Video display issue within the Moodle Mobile app

by Bowen Yang -
Additional comment: Even if I added a Youtube video as an external URL, the Moodle Mobile app still blocks me from accessing the link. 
In reply to Bowen Yang

by Michelle Lomman -

YouTube videos don't show up in the Mobile app for me either.

Any guidance on this would be really appreciated.

In reply to Michelle Lomman

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It seems to be a regression, only for ios, we opened:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-1643

Can you confirm that it happens only in iphone/ipad?

Juan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Michelle Lomman -

I only have iPad and iPhone, so they are the only ones I have tested it on and yes I can confirm the YouTube video does not display on either.

Cheers

Michelle

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Bowen Yang -

Hi Juan, it's working on Andriod. I've just tested it on my Samsung Galaxy. How soon can this issue be fixed? 

Cheers,

Bowen

In reply to Bowen Yang

by Bowen Yang -

Hi Juan, I saw the tracker on JIRA saying that this issue has been fixed and closed. But the videos are still not working in my course. Is there going to be a patch pushed to iTunes for the Moodle Mobile? 

Cheers, Bowen

In reply to Bowen Yang

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

I would GUESS that it'll come out when they next release a version. With some other bug fixes and if we're lucky new features.

In reply to Dave Perry

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

we'll be releasing a bug-fixing version as soon as possible.

We recently fixed some bugs and we thought it will be better to do a new release.

Juan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Bowen Yang -

HI Juan, 

Really appreciate your efforts pushing through the 3.1.1 update with bug fixes! And really pleased to see that you are hard at work taking suggestions from end users like us. 

Now the video display in Book have been resolved, same for all videos embedded in Pages. But I'm still running into issue with video not displaying in the week block (which I want to show to the students upfront the course); and I cannot access the Youtube video if it's attached as a URL. 

Not sure if this's the same or a different issue described in the tracker MOBILE-1643

Cheers, Bowen

In reply to Bowen Yang

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Bowen,

can you please send us a test account so we can check it? Please send your Moodle URL, a username and password to mobile@moodle.com.

Also, please specify in which courses and sections are the videos that are causing you problems.

Thank you,

Dani