Unable to pass information from Moodle External Tool to LTI connector for WP from SPV software

Unable to pass information from Moodle External Tool to LTI connector for WP from SPV software

by Madhu Avasarala -
Number of replies: 1

I am trying to implement a SSO (single sign on) from Moodle to a WP multi-site, with sites already created.

I hacked the LTI connector code (doconnect.php) to remove blog creation and just log users into existing multi-sites. This works fine.

The problem is that there is no information being passed from Moodle accept for the userid. The context, resource link, all are not being passed. So there is no way for me to switch to a particular site based. I would like the use to be switched to a particular site depending on the origin (context) in Moodle such as different courses.

I found no useful way to embed any parameter in the External Tool in the custom parameters section since I do not know the format. If I could pass the context in some way then I could direct the user to desired site among the multi-site.

I thank you for any help in this regard.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Madhu Avasarala

Re: Unable to pass information from Moodle External Tool to LTI connector for WP from SPV software

by Madhu Avasarala -

Solved. Moodle passes the user details (name and id) and also the resource link. The resource link title is the course fullname followed by : followed by shortname. This can be filtered and mapped to different sites as desired.

In effect you can get SSO from Moodle to Wordpress multi-site. This is very powerful as it combines 2 very powerful software packages with a SSO (Moodle centric).

My scenario is Moodle as the main tool for school management as well as LMS.  SSO into Wordpress sites for payments through woocommerce and also for intranet outside of Moodle.

Thanks to Simon Booth for his excellent software 

http://projects.oscelot.org/gf/download/frsrelease/959/6037/wordpress-lti-1.2.00.zip

The modifications are very easy( http://projects.oscelot.org/gf/project/wordpress-lti/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=2167&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=863)