Entries added to an entry

Entries added to an entry

by David Campbell -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I would like to create an activity where the students post a photo with a description and other information. Other students would then comment on what the 1st student posted. I know I could use the moodle commenting system, but I would like to later export all of the information which (if I understand correctly) can't be done with Moodle comments. I guess it would be an entry with other entries attached.

Is this possible?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Campbell

Re: Entries added to an entry

by Itamar Tzadok -

The Dataform csv export is mostly what you see is what you get. That is, if you use the comments field and the view shows comments inline, the content should be exported to the csv. Possible issue is that exported html content is not converted to plain text (mainly b/c such conversion is not always straightforward) and the column in the csv might not be easily readable.

Peer comments by entry is essentially a peer review application. See Group peer review down the forum for discussion, illustration and presets. It doesn't have to be groups, but currently there is no convenient navigation between individual users as there is for groups. If the class is not too big, you can set up groups, one per student.

See what could work for you and we can take it from there.

hth smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

Re: Entries added to an entry

by David Campbell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Itamar,

Sorry for not replying sooner, but I got involved with some other projects. I will take a look at the Group peer review discussion and see what I can come up with.