Making students invisible to each other.

Making students invisible to each other.

by Shoned Jones -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, 

I'm trying to set up moodle courses for different clients. I will be offering the same courses to different clients but need to be sure that the users within the different companies are not connected (i.e in forums, participant lists and online users blocks). Is there any way that you can isolate students within courses? Or would duplicate courses for each client be easier? 

It is very important that users cannot see names of the other students on the course or even know that there are other people on the course. I need it to look very personal and am not looking for any collaborative learning beyond teacher - student contact. 

Hope someone can help! 

Shoned

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shoned Jones

Re: Making students invisible to each other.

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Groups, in a word. That certainly works for most activities now, I'm not sure about those blocks though - you'd have to try it.

For your second point, I don't think you can prevent students knowing there are others on the list - especially in forums. If you look at the Capabilities that the Student role has, you may be able to prevent them viewing certain information about other students though (Site admin > Users > Permissions > Define roles, if you want to make the change sitewide - or just within that course, do Course admin > Users > Permissions and choose the Student role from the list at the top where it says Advanced role override)

HTH,
Dave

In reply to Dave Perry

Re: Making students invisible to each other.

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Groups would normally be the recommended solution - but in this case if you really dont want students to even know there are other companies involved in any situation, then you probably are into duplicating the courses