Quiz Overrides Password Field Same Identifier as login password?

Quiz Overrides Password Field Same Identifier as login password?

by Andrew Leer -
Number of replies: 4

I just had an  admin-user call me up complaining that when she set an override for a user with a quiz there was a password set for the user to continue the test.  When she unmasked the field, it was the password that she uses to login as the administrator.

Is it possible that the browser remembered the password for that field because the identifier for both fields is the same?

Is there some way of preventing the browser from doing that?  It's pretty confusing for the admin user.

Oh and just to be clear, she was hitting the 'add new override' button everytime instead of clicking the gear to edit.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Leer

Re: Quiz Overrides Password Field Same Identifier as login password?

by C Behan -

Hi Andrew,

I've had a similar issue when creating groups. I don't have a useful suggestion but just for your info there is a tracker about it here: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-53048

Catherine

In reply to C Behan

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, web browsers have got pretty stupid about where they will put your saved passwords. This causes problems which we have not been able to find a way around.

Well, several time we think we have found a way to solve it, then the way web browsers work has been changed, which means what we did before does not work any more.

It's very annoying.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Andrew Leer -
Maybe you should submit a bug (but there are so many browsers!!!)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Andrew Leer -

I was thinking that if you just made the name of the field distinct from the other password fields it would work; but then if someone revisited the page it might still fill it in.