See submitted status in grades window

See submitted status in grades window

by Sarra Lev -
Number of replies: 5
Is there any setting by which I can see whether students have submitted an assignment along with what grade students have received, so that I can tell whether the student submitted and the grader missed it, or whether the student simply didn't submit?

I'm using 2.6.

Thanks,

S

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarra Lev

Re: See submitted status in grades window

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you click on the actual assignment and then click "View/grade all submissions", does that not show you who has and hasn't submitted and what grade they have?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sarra Lev -

Yes, I was looking for something where I could see a comprehensive chart like the grade chart of who had submitted rather than going to each individual assignment.

In reply to Sarra Lev

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sara,

I have had pretty good success with the Grade Me block plugin to show when a student has submitted but the submission has not been graded. I know that is not all that you are wanting, but it makes it so that graders do not have look through multiple assignments to see if they need to grade something. Basically, if the Grade Me block is empty, nothing needs to be graded.

As students submit assignments, it creates a list in the block that shows each assignment and each student that has something that needs to be graded. The list is made up links so that you can jump directly to the place to grade the submission.

The block can be installed in any course, but I added it only to the front page and then set it to show on any course page. It can get pretty full on the front page, but then as you go into a course, it only shows items from that course.

It is really nice when students submit makeup work or something that is past due, and forget to tell me about it. I see it appear in the Grade Me block right away.

The FN - Marking Manager does pretty much the same thing but  has versions for Moodle 2.9 and lower.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Sarra Lev -

Hi AL,

Thank you so much.

Can you point me to where I can get an explanation of how to incorporate this into my moodle? Does the administrator need to do this, or can I do it as a teacher? And if I want it on my own cloud site, how would I go about doing that?

Sarra

In reply to Sarra Lev

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sara,

Sorry to take so long to reply. Been side tracked by QA testing for Moodle 3.1. Both Grade Me and FN -  Marking Manager have to be installed by an admin, and no, they can't be added to one of the free Moodle Cloud sites.