SCORM TRack table has grown huge, how to query efficiently

SCORM TRack table has grown huge, how to query efficiently

by Sarah Hunt -
Number of replies: 1
Ours SCORM track table has grown to almost 13million records, We run select query on this table to get maximum score for each user (or in bulk) but this is running very slow. For one user it taken about a minute. Is there any other place/table where highest grade is stored for SCORM activities? Is there a better way to get the same outcome?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Hunt

Re: SCORM TRack table has grown huge, how to query efficiently

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

unfortunately not - I have a dataset from one of our clients with over 300 million records in the tracking table and it's pretty nasty to report on. One option I've seen is to stop storing the interactions data within the table (only useful if you don't need to report on it) and that can sometimes significantly decrease the amount of records it has to deal with.

I do have some plans to re-factor the db to improve performance in MDL-46279 but there's a bit of work still to go on that and I don't have funding to complete the work at this stage.