How to achieve to let user select multiple courses for enrollment and make payment on signup.

How to achieve to let user select multiple courses for enrollment and make payment on signup.

by test test -
Number of replies: 5

How can I customize or use existing plugins and/or configure Moodle to achieve to let user to select multiple courses and pay for those courses vai payment gateway (Paypal) while signup/registration process is done ?

How can I show all courses on signup form to be selected by user ? 

How can I get payment amount of all the selected courses and pass to payment gateway ?

What will be detailed steps to make exact changes in  code to achieve this ?

What are alternative to achieve similar sequence ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to test test

Re: How to achieve to let user select multiple courses for enrollment and make payment on signup.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

One alternative might be to have a website sitting in front of Moodle such as a Joomla site.  Joomla has a Joomdle plugin that allows you to use a shopping cart for Moodle courses.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: How to achieve to let user select multiple courses for enrollment and make payment on signup.

by test test -

I am not sure Joomdle can be helpful in this case. I tried to post this topic on their forum but after creating account they are not allowing to login me, may be their login system is buggy and redirecting on mobile version site.

I want to know how Joomdle can be promising in this case as there are no features provided by Joomdle in this regard as given on their site.

In reply to test test

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you set up Hikashop or another supported extension on Joomla as your shopping cart, you can then "sell" Moodle courses through that.  Joomdle will integrate the two sites so that students then have access to the classes that they buy.

http://www.joomdle.com/wiki/Selling_Moodle_courses

In reply to Emma Richardson

by test test -

Can you please let me know what parts of the desired process will be divided how into Joomla and Moodle ? and what part will be developed into Joomla and what in Moodle ? How much dynamic it would be ?

Above link that you shared is just for selling courses which can already be done in Moodle itself, what additional feature will be provided by Joomla and this plugin/component ? 

Will Joomla and Joomdle provide that much features that costs to maintain two separate platforms ?

Why can't I achieve the same in Moodle ?

In reply to test test

by Emma Richardson -

Unless there is a plugin I am unaware of, I don't believe that there is a way to sell multiple courses at once in Moodle which was your original question.  It is a one by one process - but, you are correct, it would definitely be cleaner if you can keep it all in Moodle - I was just suggesting a way to extend that some - yes, it does take some extra work and resources.  The Joomdle plugin provides for SSO between Joomla and Moodle and integration with many of the shopping cart plugins.  It would provide a nice front for your sales.

I am not a coder but maybe someone can suggest a way to achieve a shopping cart in Moodle itself..