only 3 pages should be suffeld and rest are not

only 3 pages should be suffeld and rest are not

by lalit thakur -
Number of replies: 8

i want that in my quiz only some question should be suffeled  and some should not . so what should i do , if i create categories then 1 categories should not be suffeled and 1 should be .

how can i do this

Please Help me

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lalit thakur

Re: only 3 pages should be suffeld and rest are not

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Use Moodle 2.9 or later. You can divide the quiz into sections, and you can choose for each section whether it is shuffled.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Tim, this could be related to our discussion about user-interface improvements.  I don't see how to divide a quiz into sections with separate controls to shuffle each section.  I only see one "shuffle" for the overall quiz (see graphic).  What am I missing?  Is there a way to designate a group of questions as a "section"? (Using Moodle 3.0.3+)

Attachment shuffle.jpg
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

So, you want a new section. Might that require adding something?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Rick Jerz -

I am not sure.  I thought that your answer to the original question was that moodle allows one to shuffle individual sections, but I don't see how.  If moodle can shuffle sections, I want to know how because I don't see it anywhere in the user-interface.  If moodle cannot shuffle sections, then maybe this feature could someday be added.

I have thought a little about this, so Lalit's post was timely.

As a start, maybe moodle should allow the ability to shuffle each page.  If so, then the "shuffle" option might appear at the topic of each new page (see my earlier posted graphic.)

As an alternative, when I am in the dialog box to "add questions", maybe that is where the "shuffle" should be.  However, if it was at this point, then it may be difficult when looking at the quiz to see which questions are being shuffled and which are not.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Tim Hunt -

Here is a further hint. Add another section heading.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Rick Jerz -

Oh my! Never saw that.  I have always added questions from the top to the bottom, always using the "add" at the very bottom.  I always thought that the other Adds were just redundant features.  Interesting.  The top Add and the bottom Add don't provide the ability to add section headings.

Thanks for the great hint!  I see that one must first create a page break in order to define this as another section.  This seems fine.  I am sure that some might want a section break on the same page.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Tim Hunt -

We though about the possibility of 'section break in the middle of a page' while implementing this. In the end, we decided that while some people might want it, it would make the whole system (UI, data structure, code) much more complex, and therefore it was better not to have that possibility, but it is a trade-off.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Rick Jerz -

This discussion has caused me to think about several issues.

1) Yes, having a section break feature would make moodle more complex, but it mirror MS Word's features (to a much more limited extent.)  In my case, I often times will use a "Description" question type to provide a page header.  If I insert a section heading, then shuffle, it appears that my "Description" question would also be shuffled, defeating purpose of shuffle. 

2) I assume that if I do have page breaks, but I don't insert a section, that the upper most (the only) shuffle option shuffles all the questions in the quiz and not just the questions on the first page.  Right?

3) Random questions are always "shuffled" by their nature of being randomly picked.  For example, if one has a question bank of 10 questions and then randomly picks all 10 questions for a quiz, these 10 questions would also be shuffled.

This situations are probably some that can cause confusion.  However, I still really like what Moodle provides.  You still have me thinking about how to make it better.