Better marking screen use

Better marking screen use

by Marvin Hamm -
Number of replies: 2

I'm running a vanilla Moodle install, marking a basic text submission assignment on a 22" monitor and I have to scroll almost three screens full to see the entire submission and click the 'Save and show next' button at the bottom. This seems horribly inefficient. I'm going to wear out the scroll wheel in my mouse and get arthritis in my hand.

Are there ways to get these marking pages set up more efficiently? There's no reason that valuable information should only start a 1/3rd the way down the screen. I shouldn't loose the students name off the screen when I actually get to the slot to put in the mark. And, I certainly should never have to scroll do deal with a one paragraph submission for a student on a 22" screen.  ...And no, I'm not going to zoom out 4pt font so It will all fit.

How do I/we fix this? What can be done so I don't have to scroll so much?

Marvin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marvin Hamm

Re: Better marking screen use - OR scroll reduction

by Marvin Hamm -

I guess I should have written a better subject line.

Just went through some more intensive Moodle marking in the last while. I still can't believe that I have to scroll around on a 24" monitor to mark a single paragraph.

Is any work being done on formatting the default Moodle so that regular tasks have more of the information/options on the main part of the screen? Too often I have to scroll to deal with a single evaluation or setting change.

Marvin

In reply to Marvin Hamm

Re: Better marking screen use - OR scroll reduction

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

A lot depends on what part of Moodle you are in, but it is something that is being worked on. The grading interface for assignments is LOT different in the soon to be release Moodle 3.1. You can get a look at it if you go to https://qa.moodle.net/

Average of ratings: Useful (1)