How to reopen assignment for a student when using restrict access - date

How to reopen assignment for a student when using restrict access - date

by Simon Heissler -
Number of replies: 7

moodle 2.8.

Have a assignment which is available until specific (different) dates for different groups. Imagine the restriction date is passed for the first group - but one of the students has to resubmit. 

Its impossible for her to access the assignment because of the date restriction. Any ideas how to solve?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Heissler

Re: How to reopen assignment for a student when using restrict access - date

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Since 2.4 you can grant an extension for an individual student. See Mary's video on YouTube here

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: How to reopen assignment for a student when using restrict access - date

by Richard Oelmann -

Just to note, on my 3.1dev the Edit column, with the Grade Extension option is further to the right - not sure when it moved as its not something I have particularly used very often, but knew it was there somewhere as i had the same question in work only a couple of weeks ago smile

Svar: Re: How to reopen assignment for a student when using restrict access - date

by Simon Heissler -

thanks emma and richard. as long as you use the "availability" settings this will work. but if you use the "restrict access" settings (because you want to have  different "due" dates for different groups) the extension is not possible.

In reply to Simon Heissler

Re: Svar: Re: How to reopen assignment for a student when using restrict access - date

by Richard Oelmann -

No, restrict access settings work at a different level to assignment dates, so whatever the assignment dates are (extension or not) if it falls outside the dates permitted by and Restrict Access settings then students will not be able to get at that activity.

I haven't looked in detail at the advanced restrict access settings  - I believe though that they can be made complex with AND/OR kind of provisions - so can you make the access available (restricted) by date OR user name/group (make a group with one member?)

Again - don't know about this, haven't tried it and just brainstorming possibilities as I am in the middle of reinstalling my dev environment at home (wet bank holiday activity smile ) so don't have access to test right now.

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: How to reopen assignment for a student when using restrict access - date

by Simon Heissler -

It´s as you write in your first sentence. I tried all different settings. There are two alternatives as long as i can see:

1. different assignments för different groups (with different dates)
  2. delete the  "until date" under "restrict access" and use "due date" under "availability" instead

My teacher changed to alternative 2. The different groups have to submit with a week interval. Due date is set to the second groups date. 

good luck with  reinstalling