Grid Format and restrict access to activities problem

Grid Format and restrict access to activities problem

by Mary-Anne Camillo -
Number of replies: 8

We currently use Grid Format in a number of courses. Where we have 'restricted access' to activities, F5 refresh is required to access activities once the restriction rules have been met. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Moodle 2.9

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary-Anne Camillo

Re: Grid Format and restrict access to activities problem

by Gary Lynch -

Hi Mary-Anne

Are you opening the activities inthe same window or another one?

Gary smile

Please consider rating if my post helps smile

In reply to Gary Lynch

by Mary-Anne Camillo -

Hi Gary

Student must complete the first item (opens as a pop up) before Quiz is available. When they close the pop up, they need to refresh before Quiz knows the restriction has been met 9marked complete). Hope this makes sense.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary-Anne,

Please could you answer the question 'Does this happen in the 'Topics' format?' i.e. does the availability change in the Topics format without refreshing the page.  As I suspect that this is an issue with core course specific code rather than a specific course format.

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary-Anne Camillo -

Thank you Gareth

No it is not an issue with Topic format.

MAC

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary-Anne,

Thank you.

I spent around thirty minutes trying to replicate the problem on both M2.9 and M3.0 with the Topics and Grid formats (2.9.1.8 and 3.0.1 respectively) and could not.  The functionality is identical.  With the Grid format the page refreshes automatically and the activity is visible.  This works regardless if if the activity is in the same section or not.

Therefore not a reproducible bug with the format.

Gareth

by Mary-Anne Camillo -

Thanks Gareth. Mmmm. We are using 2.9.2. It must be something we have done in our settings.

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Mary-Anne,

From your description this would happen in any course format, not just the Grid.  As I do not believe there is 'AJAX' updates in the code that check for page updates - thus I assume you mean that when the restriction rules change then the activity will appear.  Does this happen in the 'Topics' format?

Additionally, I only came here by chance.  This post belongs in the 'Courses and course formats' forum.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Samuel Richardson -

Just make the quiz open in the same window(or tab) rather than making it open in a pop up. This will solve the 'issue' (n.b. its not really an issue its just the way its been configured)