Can't register

Can't register

by R Ali -
Number of replies: 13

Hello.

I have trying to register my site but keep giving me this error..

"

The hub cannot access your site at *******. Your Moodle site and the hub need to be able to communicate with each another. If you are unable to register your site please email support@moodle.org "

Is there something I need to do to get the site registered.

I have the site added to cloudflare I disabled that when I could not registered and days later, I still keep getting the same error.

Thank you.

Rafiat

(Edited by Helen Foster as requested by the poster - original submission Thursday, 7 April 2016, 12:04 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to R Ali

Re: Can't register

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello

I think the reason Moodle cannot access your site for registration purposes is because it is behind some kind of authentication firewall. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by R Ali -

Thank you Mary.

Done !

I did password protect the site, I had to un-password to register.

In reply to R Ali

by Andrea Musy -

Hello,

I've the same problem.
My site (3.1.2+) is public in the sense that there isn't a proxy or a firewall and the site isn't an intranet site, but you have to login to access all the contents
I tried to make changes in Home > Site administration > Security > Site policies with default values and with a very permissive values, but I didn't solve the problem.

Where exactly did you make changes ?

Thank you,
Andrea

In reply to Andrea Musy

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. If you can send an email to support @ moodle.org with your site name and the error message when you try to register, then we can try to solve this for you. Thanks smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Andrea Musy -

Hallo Mary,
I sent. I'm sending again.

Thank you,
Andrea

In reply to Andrea Musy

by Andrea Musy -

Hello Mary, I didn't receive answers to my new e-mail.
I don't solve the registration problem.

By the way, I tried new installations and configurations and different providers, but it's impossible (for me dead) to register.

Thank you, Andrea

In reply to Andrea Musy

by Mary Cooch -

Hello Andrea

Sorry for the delay - I just located your email and have replied. As it is after working hours in Europe and Australia where our developers are, I will make sure to ask on Monday morning so we can find out what the issue is and help you register smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Andrea Musy -
Wonderful. Enjoy your weekend
In reply to Andrea Musy

by Mary Cooch -
(Just coming back to complete the response.) Hopefully you got the support email yesterday with suggestions for fixing your registration issue.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Andrea Musy -

Yes. It's probably a firewall setting.
I'm investigating with my provider.

I'll turn with the solution.  I hope

In reply to Mary Cooch

by R Ali -

Hello Mary.

Would it be possible to delete the url to my moodle installation from my post and yours or just put stars in it place. I am trying not to have it accessible to the world while I am working on it.

Thank you.

Rafiat