Can't change Enrollment Key

Can't change Enrollment Key

by Allan Bateman -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Everyone. 

I have search everywhere and cannot find a solution. I really help someone can assist.

I created a course with self enrollment as an enrollment option and a key. This worked perfectly.

However, now every-time that I create a new course the enrollment key is already there and I cannot change it. I need to have a different enrollment key for each course/group.

I hope I am making sense. (New to Moodle) I am on Moodle 3

Thank you for any help in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allan Bateman

Re: Can't change Enrollment Key

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It sounds like you have added self enrolment as a default enrolment for your course.  However, you should be able to change it at Course Admin/Users/Enrolment Methods/

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Allan Bateman -

Hi Emma

Thank you for the response. Yes I am using self enrolment as a default but it won't allow the change at Course Admin/Users/Enrolment Methods/

Or let me clarify, it does allow me to change it but reverts back to the old on save.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Check that your browser isn't autofilling the key field by chance.  Some browsers seem to think that is a password field and will auto fill it.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Allan Bateman -

Hi Emma

No it is not that. I have more info now. When I try to change the key is reverts back to the original on save. However, what I have found is if I logout and log back in the change has been affected and the new key shows. Weird. But it works so I am ok to have to logout and back in if I want to change a key.

Thanks for the assistance.

by Emma Richardson -

Then you are having a caching issue - either with the site or your browser.  I suggest clearing caches on the site and in your browser and see if the issue still occurs.

by Georgia James -

Hi Allan,

I am having the same issue. Every time I try to change an enrolment key it defaults to the same key, and I need a different key for each course, and the ability for teachers to enter their own enrolment key.

Did you find a solution?

Kind regards,

Georgia