Nofificaion When Field Changes

Nofificaion When Field Changes

by Karl Zander -
Number of replies: 4

We have an application form.  We are trying to setup a notification when the field "Is application complete" is marked Yes.  (Its a checkbox field.)

We have a filter named "Completed" defined and we select that in the notification.

However we are getting a message whenever any field is changed.   This is our "Completed" filter.  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karl Zander

Re: Nofificaion When Field Changes

by Itamar Tzadok -

The search parameter searches in all fields. Try instead a specific criterion on the Completed field. hth smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Karl Zander -

I have modified the Notification.  When the "completed" field is set to "No" I can edit any field and not get a notification.  But when the "completed" field is set to "Yes" I get a notification when editing any field.

This is what the notification looks like.

In reply to Karl Zander

by Itamar Tzadok -

Yes, with this approach we need to restrict the notification to a field and that has not been implemented yet.

You can have a designated view for updating the completion. That view would allow editing of only that field. And with a notification that is restricted only to that view it would give the desired effect.

Have you considered using the entry state field? It can sends notifications on transitions. So if you configure it to have two states, Incomplete (initial) and Complete, and set a notification on transition from Incomplete to Complete, it will send the notification only when changing the entry state to Complete, no filters required.

hth smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Karl Zander -

The Entry State field looks useful.  I'll explore that.  Thank you.

--Karl